Located on 1.5 acres of Pecan trees, the cottage is in one of Dallas' most wooded and unique neighborhoods although it is just 10-15 minutes to downtown and 3 minutes to White Rock Lake. Built as 1930's cottage it is now the front unit of a duplex.
You will have full access to the cottage itself. It's a one bedroom, one bathroom one level unit that was the original cottage built on the property in 1934 and since remodeled. We built our complete house adjoining the original one, creating what now functions as a duplex. The cottage has a living room/dining area, an office and full kitchen. The bedroom has a queen sized real bed and there is a futon in the office. It is a perfect accommodation for 2 people but can handle 3 if someone sleeps on the futon.
There are hardwood floors throughout, and lovely natural light shines through insulated windows and two skylights. This listing is perfect for a long term stay due to business, house hunting or visiting relatives because you will be able to relax in a homey environment, cook meals, do laundry, and unwind! The cottage has a washer, dryer, dishwasher, cable TV and WiFi. It is located in the White Rock Lake area on 1.5 acres of Pecan Trees.
Přístup pro hosty
We both have full time jobs in addition to being Airbnb hosts. This means that we cannot always greet every guest personally upon arrival. For some guests, we may hide a key so that you can check in at the agreed-upon time.
You will have the entire cottage to yourself. There is an off street parking area across from the front door.
Vztahy s hosty
Interaction with Guests
We live in the adjoining duplex and have two small dogs. Leo is an older Scotty and Penny is a young pug. They are both very good dogs but occasionally you might hear some barking when either of them thinks that we need to be warned about a cat in the yard or a dog walking with his owner down the street.
Also, since we live on the premises we are available to assist quickly if need be unless we are out of town. We do occasionally travel while guests are staying. In the event that we must be out of town, we will let you know in advance.
To handle maintenance or emergencies, we have "backup" in town - trustworthy people who help out when we're traveling. We feel it's essential to fix problems in a timely manner, so if there's an issue, we or a trusted "backup" host may need to enter the house while you are not present. We will always inform you before we do so. By requesting to book, we consider that the above arrangement is acceptable to you.
Další věci, které stojí za zmínku
Other Things to Note
The cottage is part of our personal home, not a hotel. Like any house that dates to 1934, it has small imperfections and quirks, and like any family home, not everything is brand new. While we don't live in the cottage, some of our stuff resides in the cupboards and the closets.
We do our very best to be sure everything is extremely clean and comfortable for guests. If there's anything that needs attention, please let us know as soon as possible and we will do our very best to make it right for you.
- Please treat our house and property with respect and care, just as you would your own home. We appreciate any effort to conserve water and electricity and care taken not to scratch the hardwood floors. Please leave the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and we will run it, the dirty towels can be left in the shower or on the bathroom floor
- No pets are allowed
- We only accept reservations from the guests that will be actually staying here - we don't accept reservations from parents, children, friends, etc. on behalf of other potential guests. Those who wish to make the reservation must be the ones actually staying in our home.
- The house accommodates a maximum of 4 people per night.
- Absolutely NO SMOKING OR DRUG USE is allowed anywhere on the property. If we discover that you have been smoking or using drugs, you will be asked to leave immediately. No underage drinking is permitted in our home.
- It's important to be quiet and courteous of our neighbors. No loud music or large parties.
- Do not use the fireplace, it is inoperable.
- You're welcome to adjust the thermostat to your comfort level.
Do not touch or adjust the hot water heater.
Guests won't have access to carport and please do not have your personal mail or packages sent to the house. Guests will not be provided with a mailbox key.
Premium movies or pay-per-view shows are not included in the cost of your stay at Pecan Cottage and if there is no way for you to charge them to your own account please refrain. If they show up on our bill, we will have to charge you from your security deposit.
- If something breaks or is in need of attention, please let us know immediately.
I am an artist who loves to travel. the following was written about me....
Frances Bagley currently lives and works in Dallas, sharing a studio with sculptor husband Tom Orr. In 1980 Bagley received her M.F.A in Sculpture at the University of North Texas, after receiving her M.A in Art Education and her B.F.A. in Painting from Arizona State University.
Bagley has exhibited extensively throughout her career, and her work is included in several museum and corporate collections, including The Dallas Museum of Art, The National Museum of Women in Washington D.C., The El Paso Museum, and American Airlines, among others