Spacious, quiet, and fully furnished room invites you to sleep in when you ought to be out enjoying the city! Shared kitchen, bathrooms, living room with wood-burning fireplace, and a fantastic patio, yard, and garden with a big dining deck overlooking it all.
The room: "Quiet Comfort" has a great Sealy Posturepedic full-sized (double) bed, desk, file cabinet, small refrigerator, small chest of drawers, armoire with hanging space and drawers, a small closet, deep built-in shelves, nightstands, lamps, a ceiling fan, and a radio alarm clock.
The house: Our large-ish Tudor home has hardwood floors, a wood-burning fireplace in the living room, and a Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer in basement (limited hours as shared with basement apartment tenants).
The location: Fantastic, we are located:
* 2 blocks to Washington National Cathedral;
* 1 to 3 blocks to four bus stops;
* 1.3 miles to the Woodley Park/Zoo metro stop (red line);
* 1.5 miles or 8-10 minutes by bus to the Tenleytown/AU metro stop (red line);
* One mile walk to Georgetown University;
* One mile walk to American University;
* 10 minute bus to DuPont Circle;
* About 20 minute bus to George Washington University, Foggy Bottom, World Bank, IMF, State Department, and Johns Hopkins SAIS.
Enjoy our cats, aquarium, board games, ping-pong, dartboard, and basketball hoop in the driveway. While we do not own any dogs, we do occasionally keep dogs when their owners are out of town. No smoking on the property. Parking permit for street parking near our home is available for $15/day.