Wildlife viewing and nature area serenity located just five car minutes away from the Ocean Beach, the Nehalem River and Bay, marinas, state parks, and coastal villages including Manzanita.
Observe an Elk herd(grazes here some days) blue herons, a pond or glimpse of the bay; listen to Redwing Blackbird songs; all as you sip your morning coffee on our sunny east facing deck. Relax in the evening to the seasonal songs of crickets or a chorus of frogs.
Our home welcomes all gender affiliations.
Our house is a 1500 sq ft ranch style home. You have your own bedroom and private bathroom. Your bedroom is 11'3" square. It feels larger because of a 6ft sliding glass exterior door. You have a TV in the bedroom for streaming Netflix. Your private bathroom is across the hall and has a standard 5 ft combined tub/shower with great water pressure.
You are invited to share the common areas of the home including two outdoor decks, with the 65 yr old host and her two cats. The common area is basically one open great room (living room and dining room combined) The great room has lovely, south facing view windows and a gas fireplace. There are two very pleasant outdoor decks.
Our home is located in a beautiful, peaceful setting and it is our priority that you will be able to enjoy a restful time here.
We have a very messy, stuff filled attached garage. No room to park a car but we can squeeze in your bicycle or fishing rod upon request.
Přístup pro hosty
Your private Bedroom and Bathroom are signed Airbnb. Please no food or drink other than water in the bedroom. We don't provide breakfast, however, please help yourself to the K-cup coffee located on the kitchen counter. Our Kitchen is available for your use for light breakfast and lunch prep. We request that you do not use our kitchen for cooking your dinner. In the past, to accommodate guests who cooked their dinner at our house, we discovered that we ended up having to eat out. We don't charge enough for that to be sustainable. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Please also enjoy our front and back decks. The back deck faces east and is lovely in the mornings. The front deck faces west and is a warm and delightful in the afternoons and early evenings.
We invite you to also share our common area great room with us. It is a sunny, open feeling room with view windows. Please ask host for an initial demonstration before using the living room gas fireplace. Please limit food and drink to decks, dining room table and kitchen counter. Thank you! Sheila
Další věci, které stojí za zmínku
We have two indoor cats.
-PLEASE DO NOT LET OUR TWO CATS GO OUTSIDE! Coyotes are present and may kill them. If we aren't home and you are doing a lot of entry/exit when it might be difficult to be vigilant about keeping them inside, feel free to shut them in our private master bedroom.
- External garage door must be kept closed at all times, please.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE BEDROOM. (Water OK) Please limit food and drink to eating areas: the dining table, kitchen counter, and decks. THANK YOU
- There is a $20.00 non-refundable cleaning deposit. Cleaning fee covers laundering bed linens and towels, and general light house cleaning only so any exceptional messes, stains or damages will be taken from the security deposit.
-Please use ONLY WATER to clean kitchen tile counter tops, NO CLEANING PRODUCTS such as 409 etc on tile.
-To prevent water damage and mold in the bathroom, please turn on the fan when bathing or showering and wipe up any extra water on the bathroom floor.
- Please be respectful about keeping excessive sand out of the house. Do not wash sand down house drains!!! Warm and regular water faucets are available out side on the back deck to wash sand off your feet if needed. Thank you.
- Sorry, no fish cleaning on site
- Please request assistance from host before using gas fireplace for the first time Thank you.
- No lit materials in the bedroom or house, please.
-Maximum 2 guests per bedroom
- Please do not chase or attempt to pick-up our ducks. They like people but don't like being handled.
- WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AND SHARING OUR HOME WITH YOU
Host works part time but will try to be available as needed. We are happy to share our knowledge of the area with you. This can include restaurant recommendations, hiking trail suggestions, and information about local art and music happenings.
60 plus year old female with 19 year old son, 2 cats and a flock of ducks(the latter live outside of course). We enjoy a 1600 sq ft, 3 bedroom two bath, lovely/modest newer home in beautiful pastoral/wetland/natural green-space/pond setting with bay view. Close to Ocean Beach, State parks, Hiking, River and Ocean fishing, wildlife viewing and quaint rural village towns.