Dear Tu Anh,
Thank you for your review and your stay at my loft. I'm sorry to hear that you had such terrible experience, but to clarify, it was not until this review had I known about your incidents.
I would like to reply to your review on these issues:
1. We do not have a giant bathroom, but it's 1m in width and 2m in length. So far, we haven't got any complain about the bathroom being too small. And we have a full functioning 24/24 moveable hot shower head.
2. Airtight bathroom. If the bathroom is not airtight, the cold breeze of Da Lat might cause you a cold, or even a stroke while you're taking a shower. However, we do have a window to let the air in and out, we will notice our guests in the future to leave it open when they go out.
3. Location. I believe every one who uses Airbnb have read the information about the place before deciding to book. We made it really clear that our house is located in a local neighborhood, at the very center of the city. The sound from the streets is a part of the city and every house or hotel in the area shares the same issues. It is practically impossible to require a place in the center of a city to have the silent of the countryside.
4. Check-in. Our place is tagged as self-checkin and we have provided every information you need to check in by yourself. The check in time is 1PM, however you messaged us saying you'll arrive at 12:20, I personally have reset the room so you can checkin early. I was at work when you called at 1:20 and demand me to come to assist. One of our guests was showing you the way to our place when my staff rushed out to find you, thinking you might get lost even with such clear information. You rejected her help to carry your heavy luggage and now you're saying that I didn't do anything to help?
5. About me reccomending you to places I referred as my friend's places. This is a small city and I happened to know a lot of people who have a lot of awesome places. If you didn't like my reccomendations, please feel free to explore the city as you will.
6. The motorbike incident. First of all, we need your ID to register with the authorities and every bike rental service requires your ID to insure that you would return their bikes intact. How can we cause your motobike accident just by keeping your ID?
Also, we have explain every question you have about the bike rental service before your arrival. The scooter is always slightly more expensive than the motorcycle, however it is easier to control. You rented a motorcycle on your first day and required to change to a scooter on the next day, it's only cost 1.5 dollars and you still asking it for free?
You admitted that you can't ride a scooter, then why going on a road trip, causing an accident and hid it from us?
Even on the night you said you had the accident, I called in to ask whether you need to change the towels or not, and asking if everything was okay, you said it was fine and kept hiding about the accident until you checked out.
How can we assist you with anything when you keep everything hidden from us?
7. Check-out. The check out regulation is applied equally to every guests. I didn't come in and kick you out, I messaged you to remind you about the check out time and to have people reset the place. As I mentioned above, I didn't know you've caused an accident until i recieve your review and call for the bike rental service to check again about that.
We always try our best helping every guests to have a pleasant experience at our place and in our city, in return, we hope that our guests would be honest to us and take responsibility for their wrongdoings.
Once again, thank you for your review.
We hope you'll get better experience with other hosts.