Our shore-themed suite includes a full-sized bed as well as a twin bed and trundle set up for use by additional guests or simply as a sunny sitting area. A rich self-serve breakfast is provided, as well as afternoon snacks, a kitchenette, and a den.
If you're looking for clean, cozy, affordable lodgings in Port Jefferson Village, this is the place for you! In our 1800's Victorian, all of our rooms are furnished with antiques from a long range of eras, making for a fun, unique atmosphere. We provide fresh linens (sheets, towels) for all arriving guests. The bedrooms each have unique skeleton-keyed locks for your privacy.
Along with your private bedroom, you also have a shared Den, a common space complete with two sofas, a large dining table, a breakfast buffet, sink, fridge, coffee-maker, toaster, and microwave. Breakfast is self-service; we provide all the goodies you'll need for your own smorgasbord. Typical items include croissants, hard-boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit, bread, jams, snack bars, juice, coffee, and tea.
Guests can dine inside or out, as you'll be steps away from a quiet back porch. Trays are provided for guests to take breakfast to bed, but we beg of you to be neat and tidy!
The Cove's brand new private ensuite bathroom is a Victorian-style 'Water Closet,' bringing guests back in time with a folding glass-paned door, a top-tank toilet with a pull-chain to flush, and an Italian-tiled shower. The antique-inspired cherry vanity with wash sink is located in the bedroom, like in the old days.
Vztahy s hosty
As hosts, we take our cue from guests on how much or how little they'd like to socialize. We love sharing stories over a cup of coffee in The Den, or a glass of iced tea on the porch, but we respect when guests have their own agenda. Of course, we have our own lives as well, both working full time, so you are likely to see us as often as you don't. We are always happy to provide as much information as you would like about the village and surrounding areas, public transit, and restaurants. We are almost always home overnight, and pop in to tidy up the bathroom and common room daily or as needed, but on the rare occasion that we are gone for a night or two, we will forewarn guests and ask that they be courteous and cleanly with their shared spaces.
Další věci, které stojí za zmínku
We aren't far from many popular destinations. Hop in your car and drive:
- 15 minutes to Stony Brook University's campus, hospital, Staller Center, and sports fields.
- 35+ minutes to North fork attractions such as wineries, pick-your-own farms, Tanger Outlets shopping, and more!
- 15 minutes to historic Stony Brook village.
- 15 minutes to Old Field Farm showgrounds.
- 25 minutes to MacArthur airport.
- 70 minutes to LaGuardia or JFK airports.
Our calm, loveable little Corgi/Beagle mix named Utah lives with us and nearly never ventures into guest space.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets. Too many guests have allergies, fears, or discomfort around cats and dogs (as well as other furry friends) and we want everyone's stay to be as relaxing and comfortable as possible. We can gladly make recommendations for pet accommodations nearby if you would like.
All reservations are subject to a 8.625% sales tax, as well as a 3% county hotel tax. These taxes will be on your total MINUS the Airbnb fee. Tax must be paid upon arrival at the inn. We wish that we did not have to subject our guests to this extra payment, but as an operating business, we are required to collect the tax.
Lastly, during our busiest season (May through September), we will generally not accept one-night weekend requests (only Friday or only Saturday) until 7 days before check-in. Some exceptions may be made, so please feel free to inquire.
We ask that guests:
- communicate any thoughts or questions that you might have.
- are as respectful of our property as you are to your own.
- use energy, especially lights and air conditioners, responsibly. Turn them off when you leave. We ask that guests are especially respectful with their use of the air conditioning, turning it off or setting it to a higher temperature while they go out for the day, not trying to make the room feel like Antarctica, and keeping the bedroom doors and windows shut when the unit is running to maximize effectiveness. We are big environmentalists and do not appreciate wastefulness.
- DO NOT SMOKE in the house. Smokers are allowed to stay as long as they go outside to smoke at the end of the driveway. (Blowing smoke out the window does not count.)
- let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help you better enjoy your stay.
Tento hostitel má 94 hodnocení u jiných nabídek.Zobrazit další hodnocení
Coming from Port Jefferson, New York, USA, I enjoy nothing more than a unique, fantastical vacation whenever possible, be it in the states or abroad. As a youth environmental volunteer organizer, I have a passion for all of the beautiful things in life, and I strive to see as much as I can see while I'm young and able!
We became hosts after using Airbnb as travelers for two years. It is our pleasure to contribute a comfortable, fun home-away-from-home for folks around the world, just as we'd experienced and appreciated during our travels. We look forward to meeting the wonderful people who wish to explore our charming village, and will do whatever we can to make their visits even greater than they had imagined.