Cosy, luxurious bedroom and ensuite on a very quiet street in Courtenay’s "Old Orchard"area. Just a five block walk to the historical downtown core with its independent restaurants, coffee shops and stores. Private entrance. Private bathroom. Private patio and garden.
***We apologize, but we are unable to accept men travelling alone.
***Breakfast is not served and insurance doesn’t allow any cooking in the suite. For light meals, your room is equipped with a fridge, dishes and cutlery, kettle, tea and coffee pots: a selection of black or herbal teas, as well as freshly ground coffee, cream, milk and sugar.
*** We've noticed photos taken by professional photographers seem to make a room look larger than it is. You'll find your bedroom at SweeterSleep is exactly as it appears in the photos, yet quite small really and certainly not as large as the photos suggest. We explain this so you're not misled by the apparent size of the space, online. Depending on the laundry rotation, the duvet cover may be white, as in the photos, or a patterned one.
- Your ensuite bathroom is spacious and includes a tub, as well as a shower.
-Soap, shampoo, cream rinse, body lotion and a hair blow-dryer are provided. Bathrobes too.
- There's a fan stored in the wardrobe should you wish for more breeze on a summer evening. Also, your suite has its own electric heater for you to control if you'd like your room warmer than the general house temperature of the forced-air electric furnace.
-The historic downtown core with its delightful selection of independent restaurants, coffee shops and little stores to browse is an easy five-block walk away. There's a list of our favourite spots to eat, with links to their websites, in the Manual in your suite. A few blocks from your door, you'll find bakeries and a deli, Edible Island's wide selection of organic foods, Shoppers Drug Mart, Comox Valley Museum, the Sid William's Theatre, Comox Valley Art Gallery and other smaller ones, the Native Son's Hall, the Florence Filberg Centre, our public library and the Lewis Recreation Centre.
- Hello Skiers, downhill, cross-country and Snowboarders - Your season is approaching - Mt. Washington is a thirty-minute drive from SweeterSleep. The bus to the mountain leaves outside Native Sons' Hall, which is an easy ten-minute walk from your cosy, warm nest here. A deep bathtub awaits you for a relaxing soak at the end of the day. Safe, locked storage is available for all your gear.
- Hiking and bike trails are close by and the crisp, clear Puntedge River is a five minute stroll from your suite. You can swim from little beaches along the banks, or wander through the forest there.
Přístup pro hosty
We believe your stay here will be a most restful one. You have your own private entrance and private bathroom, and your suite, your patio and garden area are absolutely private and for your sole use.
(Our garden is on the other side of the house.)
- You have an outdoor table and chairs to enjoy your morning coffee under the shade of an old apple tree. If they're ripe when you're staying here, please enjoy them, and the plums too, growing in your garden.
- There's an outdoor ping pong table and paddles for you to enjoy.
- Swim towels and folding canvas chairs are provided to take to the river ( a few blocks away) or to our ocean beaches. Umbrella to borrow if it's raining.
- Free wifi included.
- Secure, locked storage is available for your ski equipment, bikes, canoes and kayaks etc. Just let us know that you'll be wanting to avail yourself of it.
- Please ask us for anything else we may be able to provide to help your stay be exactly how you'd like it to be.
Vztahy s hosty
We'll be very sensitive to your desire for privacy and so will let you decide how much interaction you'd like.
During the day, we'll be available by cell phone should you have any requests or questions.
Další věci, které stojí za zmínku
- Security Deposit:
When you book a listing with a security deposit, no charge is made against your credit card unless the host makes a claim. The host has 14 days from your checkout date to make a claim for damages, should they occur.
- As Bryan travels for business at times, reservations for men travelling alone are not accepted. I'm sorry for this, but the males in my family insist on it being a rule.
- No smoking in your suite please, but you're welcome to smoke on your private patio.
- Please do not bring any cooking equipment into your suite e.g. toaster, hot plate or microwave as insurance doesn't allow it.
- Only registered guests who booked the suite are permitted in your accommodation unless you receive prior permission from the host.
- I'm sorry but we do not accept pets.
I was born in Australia and Bryan is from Britain.
I've lived in six different countries, visited many more, yet always returned to Canada.
Summer days find us puttering in the veggie patch, wandering the forests and pristine beaches of this glorious valley, writing and sometimes sculpting.
Winter activities? We write, read, think, dream, and make soup.
Sounds a little quiet? Perhaps you'll hear more details when we know you better…
Some years ago we had a bed-without-breakfast in Victoria, BC. We enjoyed meeting and hosting guests from all over the world and look forward to meeting you.