Out There provides alternative, off grid accommodation on a private island in the heart of BC's beautiful, undiscovered Sunshine Coast. Prices for a yurt room are all inclusive of 1 return boat cruise from Egmont, breakfast, lunch and evening meals, for a maximum of 2 people. Our food is focused on fresh, local and homegrown, let us know any preferences or allergies in advance.
- Relax, eat, sleep, repeat
- Feel free to bring music
- For Oysters and Clams, grab a BC fishing license
- Avoid bringing garbage, we have no collection service
- Pack out what you pack in
- Compost everything organic
- Recycling donated to Egmont Community Hall
- Keep communal areas clean and tidy
- No smoking inside, please use ashtrays provided outside.
- Our composting and grey water systems are sensitive
- Use only the bio-degradable toiletries provided, please do not bring chemical cosmetics
- Please conserve energy and water, resources are precious and limited
- Turn off lights and charge devices during daylight hours
- Remote wilderness location, keep your wits about you, safety first
- We have well marked natural deer trails and drift wood stairs
- Stay on the trails to protect the forest, fauna and mosses
- Pack light. Can you carry everything you bring?
- Large suitcases with wheels do not work.
- Trails are rocky, steep and natural in most areas
- Not suitable for people with limited mobility
- Please use designated camp fire pits
- Camp fires subject to Provincial Government fire restrictions
- Use Out There at your own risk
- You are responsible for any personal injury or loss
- Live, Laugh, Travel
- Leave No Trace.
Tento hostitel má 95 hodnocení u jiných nabídek.Zobrazit další hodnocení
Hand made with love by your hosts Andy, Liz & adopted dog Nina, along with a whole bunch of friends and family, Out There was dreamed up from a desire to jump off the mouse wheel, escape the cage, run for the hills and find our wild!
We were magically drawn into the breathtaking beauty of Egmont, Jervis Inlet and specifically Nelson Island. Sure enough, our dream property was right there waiting for us. As one of our guests described it, serendipity found.
After many years of saving, planning, observing, learning, repeat, Out There began to take shape in the summer of 2012. Our dream was to create a rustic but luxurious off-grid oasis designed to take advantage of BC's temperate rainforest by harvesting rainwater, solar and wind power. Our main goal was to "fit in" and leave minimal impact on the surrounding environment.
For us, its all about making memories and we hope Out There provides an inspirational back-drop for your own wilderness adventures.