Rustic chic guest cabin with all modern amenities. Wood burning fireplace, recently updated interior, professionally cleaned & stocked. Walk/bike from the cabin to lake & 3 beaches & eateries. Ski & water sports rental shop is in walking distance from the cabin. Kid friendly sledding area close by.
3 miles from Heavenly Ski Resort & easy access to Hwy 50 & other local ski resorts. Home is cozy and best suited for small groups and families. Come relax and play and learn to live on "Tahoe Time"!
Ski Resort Scheduled Opening days:
~ Heavenly - Nov 17th
~ Sierra at Tahoe - Nov 25th
~ Kirkwood - Nov 22nd
Sunny, very clean and newly re-decorated with a modern rustic feel. This is a classic Tahoe family cabin. Come home to your very own mountain ski getaway that invites your guests to relax by the fire after a fun day of skiing/sledding, watch movies, play board games (provided by us!) and prepare a big meal in the completely stocked kitchen. You are going to be hungry after a big day on the mountain! We even have great big cups for your favorite hot cocoa or hot toddy to warm everyone up.
Tahoe Got So Much Snow, You Can Ski All Summer!! Tahoe really is the place where you can water ski and snow ski in the same day. This summer you will be able to ski in the morning and then come back for an après BBQ - you’ll want to stick to morning runs—when the slopes are groomed and before the corduroy “corns up,” or turns into kernel-size nuggets
**Recently upgraded WiFi and Internet access.**
The home has completely stocked kitchen with small island for two and a foldable dining table and chairs that seats four. The living room has wood burning fireplace, and large TV with DVD player and Netflix.
Beautifully redone home, new, plush, comfortable beds, and a well stocked kitchen will add to your summer Lake House vacation.
Yes. There are two comfy couches to curl up in and read by a cozy fireplace.
Wet boots and gloves from a long day on the slopes? No problem, we have a handy boot and glove dryer for you to use!
It's a 5 minute drive to Heavenly. Secluded enough from the busy street, but close enough to reach everything with a short walk. Even shorter drive if it's too snowy to walk for your taste :)
* We will respond to your request ASAP, we will do our very best to not make you wait to hear from us. *
★ We intentionally welcome all. We cherish the diversity of humanity, a diversity which includes differences in sex, age, race, ethnicity, and national origin, range of abilities, sexual orientation, gender identity. ★
Přístup pro hosty
Code for door will be provided week of stay along with easy driving directions.
Wonderful firepit for smores in owners' shared yard. (you provide wood) Owners' home is in front.
Shared charcoal BBQ and outside dining table is for guests to use.
In your reservation itinerary provided by Airbnb (via the airbnb app) you can auto-connect to WiFi by clicking on "more info" next to WiFi.
Vztahy s hosty
Only as much as needed by guests. I do enjoy sharing knowledge, insights and favorite spots with visitors.
Další věci, které stojí za zmínku
There is plenty of space for your skis, snowboards, paddleboards, backpacks and gear.
In order to comply with the City of South Lake Tahoe's Vacation Rental Ordinance for occupancy and parking the exterior of this home is monitored by a video camera. The Property has one security cameras facing the front yard/driveway area. This video footage is not shared and is recorded for liability reasons only and in no way infringes upon the guests’ expectations of privacy in these public areas of the property.
Join our weekly poker game on Wednesday nights next door and if you hear us sitting around the fire ring on summer nights come join us for some s'mores and beers!
We will get back you QUICK for booking requests, we will not make you wait 12 hours to hear from us :)
• Owners' home is on property - This home is not appropriate for parties, events, or loud groups it more ideal for families, a mature group of friends, or professional groups. If excessive noise or disturbances occurs resulting in notification by police or neighbors, all Guests will be asked to vacate the Property and will forfeit the reservation and all rental fees paid.
• The person who books the home must be present during the entire guest stay. We do not allow parents or other family members, friends, etc... to book your reservation for you.
• Check-in is no earlier than 3pm and Check-out is no later than 11am. Our housekeepers and inspectors need every minute of the 11AM to 3PM window to ensure the cleanliness of your vacation home. We make every effort to ensure the home is clean and ready for occupancy by 3PM. Please do not buy groceries before check-in. We cannot let you into homes that are not ready, nor can we provide refrigeration facilities beforehand. In unusual circumstances, for whatever reason, it may be necessary to delay occupancy beyond 3 PM, until your home is ready, arriving early may delay the property being cleaned or could result in it not being cleaned at all.
• We do not allow more than 6 guests in home, it is small and we want our guests to have great trips and neighbors to continue to like us.
• We love animals but, unfortunately, no pets (this includes small dogs).
• DO NOT FEED or attempt to touch or selfie with the wildlife in the neighborhood/Tahoe. There are black bears, raccoons and coyotes in the neighborhood. Please use the provided flashlight when taking nigh-time walks. They will not hurt or attack you but they can be startling.
• Makes sure not leave snacks and food outside at night or in your car, it can attract the bears and they have been known to scratch car paint.
• Quiet hours are from 9pm - 7am and must be enforced due to local vacation rental ordinance. So all outside activities on the property have to be concluded by 9pm so as to not disturb the neighbors.
• We provide parking for 1 car. All other cars can use the free public parking lot on Riverside ave.
• Please no smoking on premises. We have a great neighborhood for walking smoke breaks.
• No Air Conditioning? WTH? There is no air conditioning in this home - Most private homes in Lake Tahoe do not have AC due to our very short and mild summer season. Here in Tahoe we just open the windows and doors. That will cool the home down quickly. Nights often range in the 40°f - 59°f (4°c - 15°c) in July and August.
** Inclement Weather/Road Conditions
• We do not offer refunds or rescheduling of nights, on trips canceled less than 7 days, due to bad weather, regardless of a snow storm or rain. This home is in "snow country" and snowy roads are part of the Tahoe adventure :)
• We also cannot offer refunds due to schedule inconveniences. A great way to ensure peace of mind is to purchase travel insurance for a few extra dollars. Please note that there are many travel insurance providers available, some with more comprehensive plans. To research the various plans that are offered, we recommend visiting "Insure My Trip".
* Road Conditions:
We cannot guarantee road or weather conditions.
* Refund Policy - 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival
Melissa - I am a full-time South Lake Tahoe local. I LOVE this mountain and can't wait to share it with you! The south shore of Tahoe has everything you could want on a vacation (that's why I never left). Things I love to do: snowboard, paddleboard, trail run (also have gotten into obstacle racing), and riding my beach cruiser around town. I do SEO and digital media when I am not outside playing. I can talk your ear off about vintage Airstreams, 70s disco music and baking. I will do my best to make your stay here feel like your family :) If you need any help planning your vacation I have lots of great "local" tips to share to make your stay here more fun and less "touristy".
I'm also a bit of a food lover and know all the best places in town to get meals. Places that no guidebook will ever mention. Let me share my love of this town with you!
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." ~ Robert Heinlein