My place is close to Whitewater rafting on the Potomac, Antietam Battlefield and other historic Civil War sights, Washington D.C., skiing at White Tail Ski Resort, outlets, and nature trails and mountain hiking on site. You’ll love my place because of the coziness, the views, the location & the karma. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, families (with kids), big groups and furry friends (pets).
Our farmhouse is located on 90 beautiful mountainside acres. The views are surreal. The house itself offers the best of both worlds, as it has all the modern conveniences, including Wi-Fi, yet if offers old world charm. One side of the house is an addition which has an open floor plan, three large bedrooms, two full baths and a finished basement with pool table and walk out French doors to the hand laid brick patio. The original side of the house offers three bedrooms, one full and one half bath, a country kitchen, large dining room with long table (2 extensions), upholstered chairs, bench and mudroom, all quaintly decorated with charming touches. And don't forget the best part....the front (covered) porch overlooking the apple orchards below and the mountains in the distance. The porch comes with glider, two rocking chairs and a porch swing, of course.
Přístup pro hosty
The entire house is yours to enjoy during your stay, barring two rooms in the basement which are being used for storage.
Vztahy s hosty
Please let me know if you need anything by emailing or texting me. I will be able to either advise you or send someone your way for assistance.
Další věci, které stojí za zmínku
Security deposits will not be charged unless there are damages resulting from your stay. We have recently added a damage/security deposit to my listing in the amount of $800. FYI: Dont' be alarmed, as this amount will never be charged to your credit card, unless there are damages done to our property resulting from your stay and unless we file a claim with Airbnb within 14 days of your stay. Then, Airbnb would get involved. We inspect immediately after guest check out. Again, the average, respectful guests have nothing to worry about so I sincerely hope that this won't prevent you from experiencing a peaceful stay at our comfortable and accommodating farmhouse.
If winter time, you may need a 4-wheel drive to access our farm. Otherwise, just follow the long gravel lane to the green farmhouse. There will be plenty of parking.
The house is not child proofed. We do have gates on both stairwells and also on the stairs which lead to the basement but we aren't there to keep the gates locked. Also, we provide lots of toys for children which may or may not be appropriate for your child or children. Please put up whatever toys you do not wish them to play with. Also, we have 70 acres of woods (trees) and therefore natural hazards may exist on the property. We will not be responsible for any personal injury or property damage which occurs on our property during your stay. Remember, all outbuildings are off limits for guests.
$185 per night only covers up to four persons. An $20 extra surcharge per person per night will apply for larger parties.
HOUSE RULES and INFORMATION
The following rules apply to all occupants. “Lessee” under the Lease is responsible for carrying out these rules and for insuring compliance by all occupants and users of the premises during the term of the lease and until all occupants invited to the premises by Lessee have vacated the property.
ENTRY AND EXIT OF HOUSE: You have been provided with a code to open the lock box situate at the entry door and another code to disarm the house alarm. (Please return both keys to the lock box and reset the house alarm upon departure.) Upon entering the house, immediately walk directly through the kitchen and up one step into the family room to disarm the alarm system on the control panel located on the wall by the French doors to your left. You have been given a four-digit code, enter it and press “OFF” to turn the alarm off. When you depart please be certain to enter the same four-digit code and then press “AWAY.” You will have 45 seconds thereafter to leave the house.
1. We hope you will treat the house as we do, with care. The occupants are required to leave the house and grounds in a neat and orderly condition. The Lessees under the lease are responsible for all obligations under the lease. Lessees are responsible for cleaning and/or replacement or repair of the premises and household effects which are unusually soiled or damaged at the termination of the Lease period, to the satisfaction of Lessor.
2. If pets have been permitted, this will be limited to the following: a pet deposit in the amount of $75 per pet is required. This does not mean that the damages to the premises for which the Lessees will be responsible are limited to the amount of the deposits that have been provided to Lessee. Dogs must be walked anywhere other than the fenced in picnic area in front of the house. We DO NOT want dog droppings in that area because we have two picnic tables there and it is an eating area only. If a dog should accidentally use the restroom in that area, please pick up and properly dispose of immediately.
3. Please consider use of the recycling bin--recyclable paper, glass and plastic products may be stored together in the bin. It is a brown garbage can in the kitchen by the microwave. Clear trash bags should be on the microwave cart for easy removal.
4. The house land telephone is available for use and may come in handy if your cellular phone(s) get poor reception at this location. High speed business internet is also available—password is on modem in the office.
5. Cameras are located at the entry doors and the outside entry areas may be viewed, both day and night, on the screen located in the downstairs study. In the ten plus years that the owners lived in the house, the only surprise visitor encountered at the door was a raccoon.
6. The local contact person is Olivia Kirby-Smith, whom you may contact at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) in case of an emergency should you be unable to reach us (Aisling Feirme) at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). If you go into the woods, it is suggested that you use the trails. A short trail is located at the border of the evergreens below the pergola, and other trails branch off the roadway above the house (which extends the entire length of our property).
8. Do not smoke or set a fire near the woods. A fire-pit area is provided in the pool ruins enclosure located on the north side of the house.
9. No entry is permitted into the outbuildings. These are not suitable for recreational use or otherwise.
10. Bring used bed linens and towels/washcloths to the laundry room before you leave.
11. All dishes must be loaded in the dishwasher and please run the dishwasher before leaving.
12. To avoid an extra clean up charge, please take all dishes to the dishwasher and bag all trash and place in the mudroom. Recyclables go into clear plastic trash bags and are also placed in the mudroom. After May 23rd, PLEASE take all trash and recyclables to the end of the lane on your way out and dispose of them in our new (large) containers. We really appreciate your help with this. It's the only way we can keep our costs down.
13. No smoking is permitted inside the house. Dispose of extinguished butts in trash bags please.
Thank you for reading and following these rules. We appreciate your staying with us.